This page is intended to provide information to students and families who are planning to attend Harris Road Middle School.
For a list of documents needed for registration, see below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How do I enroll my child for the 2023-2024 school year?
Enrollments are submitted online using this LINK. The Scriborder website (commonly referred to as Scribbles) has how-to videos to assist you with online enrollment. When submitted successfully, you will receive an order number that begins with "D". Please have the documents listed below ready to upload in the application.
What is my zoned school in Cabarrus County?
Use the Find My School link HERE to find the zoned schools for your address.
Can new students choose elective classes?
New students are placed in elective classes based on availability. Except for band, chorus, and certain 8th grade electives that are for high school credit, we do not take requests for specific electives for new students.
How is placement in advanced E/LA and math determined?
When new students enroll, the student records are reviewed. If student test scores and grades meet the current criteria, the student will be placed in advanced classes. If a student is currently in a CCS elementary school, all placement decisions are made by the elementary school. Placement decisions cannot be made until the student is officially enrolled and all student educational records (report card and end-of-year standardized testing data) are received and reviewed.
How do I secure bus transportation for my child?
Once the student is enrolled, a bus pass will be requested for the student by the registrar.
Enrollment Overview and Tips
*Please read the documentation required below and have the documents ready before starting the application online.
*If you have any questions, please reach out to registrar at email@example.com
Documentation Check List for New Enrollments
1. Proof of Identification (one source) - required to process the enrollment
*NC Drivers License - non expired
*Work Authorization Card
*Government Issued Driver License/ ID - non expired
*Border Crossing Card
2. Proofs of Domicile- Two sources (one from each column below) - required to process the enrollment
Lease/Deed/Closing Statement/Settlement Statement should include signature pages.
All sources must show the current address, current date, and parent's name.
3. Copy of Child's Birth Certificate (with parents' name on the certificate) - required to process the enrollment
4. Proof of LEGAL Guardianship (only required if the student is residing with someone other than a parent listed on the birth certificate; guardianship paperwork must be established through the courts and signed by a judge unless the family meets the criteria found in G.S. 115C-366; we do not accept notarized statements or Power of Attorney documents)
5. Immunization Records - An official copy from your physician/health department is required; we do not accept the immunization information found on transcripts. Records must show student's first name, last name, and date of birth.
6. Withdrawal Form/ Report Card/ Official Transcript - New enrollments for the 2023-2024 school year should provide a final report card from the previous school year and a copy of end-of-year state standardized test scores.
7. Health Assessment - Effective July 1, 2016, every child entering a NC public school for the first time must submit proof of a Health Assessment within 30 days of the start of school. This document can be found on the online enrollment platform. If your child has had a physical or well check visit in the last year, and you can access your healthcare provider, please have them complete the form and return it to you. You must submit this form within 30 days from the first day of school.
8. Signed and notarized Safe Schools Form - Applications will not be processed until this form is received. Please contact the registrar to complete this form.